Since it’s Thanksgiving on Thursday, the calendar in the U.S. is especially light. In terms of economic data, the third quarter revised GDP data is out on Tuesday morning, and Durable Goods, Personal Income, and Personal Spending data is released on Wednesday morning. The major economic reports will be released next week, the first week of December.
In Europe, German third quarter GDP data is released on Tuesday and U.K. GDP data is released on Wednesday. Japanese unemployment and CPI data is released on Thursday. Perhaps the most headlines this week will come from the OPEC meeting in Vienna, which is scheduled for Nov. 27th. There is some speculation about a production cut given the steep fall in oil prices in the past 4 months.
As for earnings, it’s a short list this week, highlighted by a few tech names:
Monday, November 24th
- PANW earnings after the close
- WDAY earnings after the close
- NUAN earnings after the close
- POST earnings after the close
Tuesday, November 25th
- TIF earnings before the open
- MOV earnings before the open
- DSW earnings before the open
- EV earnings before the open
- HPQ earnings after the close
- ARWR earnings after the close
Wednesday, November 26th
- DE earnings before the open
Thursday, November 27th
Friday, November 28th
- No events of note, half-day session in the U.S. stock market.