Calls were more active than puts yesterday, with the CBOE Put/Call ratio down to 0.80, its second lowest reading of the past 2 months.
1. F – Ford made a one month high yesterday, and the Jan15 15 call line was active. Buyer of 39k for 0.39 in the afternoon. Dan discussed a possible trade idea in Ford in a Tuesday NTT post, noting the low level of implied volatility. 30 day implied volatility was higher by more than a point after yesterday’s call buying.
2. XLI – XLI made a new high this week as the industrials sector is one of the leaders on the rally of the past month. There was a seller of 35k of the Jan15 50 puts at 0.20 to close yesterday, likely the same trader who bought those puts for around 0.85 on Oct.23rd.
3. SPLS – Staples rallied to a new 6 month high yesterday, ahead of the company’s earnings results on Nov. 19th. Trader paid 0.
4. FTNT – The network security firm is now within 6% of its all-time high of $28.82 from April 2012. Seller of 15k of the Nov22nd 27 / 29 call spreads at 0.50, looks like to close. That trade was opened in mid-october for around the same price.
5. XLNX – The Jan15 / Jan16 42 put calendar trades 15k for $3.05 to open in the morning. XLNX reports earnings on January 21st, just after the Jan15 expiration date.