After a hectic economic data calendar last week, the only major data release in the U.S. this week is the FOMC minutes on Wednesday, Oct. 8th at 2 pm. Though earnings season does kick off this week, next week is when we get the bulk of the first large company reports.
The Bank of Japan’s monetary policy statement will be released on Monday night, and the 110 level in USD/JPY is the spot to watch. Aside from that, there are few major data releases in any of the major markets.
Aside from economic data, politics will start to garner more headlines. The Brazilian elections yesterday have set the stage for a runoff between Rousseff and Neves later this month. The U.S. midterm elections are now about a month away. Meanwhile, the evolving situation in Hong Kong remains in focus in Asia.
As for single stocks, here are the main events for the week, including the major earnings releases to start earnings season:
Monday, October 6th
- ADBE financial analyst briefing at 6pm
Tuesday, September 7th
- SPLK investor and analyst meeting
- YUM earnings after the close
Wednesday, October 8th
- COST earnings before the open
- MON earnings before the open
- AA earnings after the close
Thursday, October 9th
- PEP earnings before the open
- TWC extraordinary shareholders meeting
- FDO earnings after the close
Friday, October 10th
- FAST earnings before the open