All of the major indices made new intraday all-time highs in the U.S. (except the Nasdaq, which is still below its high from the year 2000), though the Russell 2000 and the DJIA closed below their prior highs by the close.
1. F – Rolling calls out, as a trader sold 50,
2. EBAY – The Jul19th 49/52.5 1×2 call spread traded 16.5k x 33k in the morning at a price of 1.00. EBAY rallied above $50 yesterday for the first time since early June, approaching the declining 50 day moving average near $51. The company reports earnings on July 16th. We have this trade in EBAY.
3. AAPL – Bullish roll in AAPL as it approaches the prior highs.
4. DE – Options volume in DE ended the day at about 4x the average 1 month volume. Someone bought 10k of the Sept 90 puts, paying 2.
5. HYG – There was a fairly bearish roll in HYG Sept puts yesterday. Someone sold 13,000 of the Sept 90 puts at 0.35 to close,
6. GLD – A trader closes a bullish GLD 1 x 1.