It’s the last full week of the second quarter. The economic calendar is relatively light in the U.S., with housing data the most abundant. Existing home sales data is today and new home sales data as well as home price changes are tomorrow. Durable goods orders, personal consumption, market PMI data, and revised 1st quarter GDP are released on Wednesday. Personal income and personal spending are on Thursday, along with the PCE deflator inflation data.
Outside of the U.S., no major economic indicators or central bank meetings are slated for this week. Volatility remains low, with corn the only asset among nearly 20 that has current implied volatility above the 52 week average. Geopolitical events will likely garner most of the headlines.
Among single stocks, NKE’s earnings report on Thursday after the close is the headliner. Other single names that report include MU, WAG, BBBY, and MON.
Monday, June 23rd
- AMAT extraordinary shareholders meeting
- MU earnings after the close (our preview here)
Tuesday, June 24th
- WAG earnings before the open
- CCL earnings before the open
- NTAP analyst day
- T and DTV executives testify in front of House and Senate on proposed merger
Wednesday, June 25th
- MON earnings before the open
- GIS earnings before the open
- BKS earnings before the open
- APOL earnings before the open
- AAP investor and analyst meeting
- BBBY earnings after the close
Thursday, June 26th
- LEN earnings before the open
- CAG earnings before the open
- NKE earnings after the close
Friday, June 27th
- KBH earnings before the open