A much busier calendar this week than much of the past month. Globally, the most closely watched event will be the ECB meeting on Thursday. Most market participants are expecting a rate cut after Draghi seemed to signal such a move at the early May meeting.
In the U.S., the economic calendar is packed as well. ISM manufacturing is released today at 10:00 am. The ISM non-manufacturing report will be released on Wednesday, as will the services PMI’s in the Eurozone. This is also jobs report week, so traders will be closely watching the ADP report on Wednesday morning, and the Nonfarm Payrolls report on Friday morning before the open.
In addition to the ECB, the UK, India, and Mexico all have monetary policy meetings this week.
As for single stocks, it’s a relatively quiet week, with the AAPL WWDC likely to take up a good portion of the headlines.
Monday, June 2nd
- BRCM business update call
- CRM annual general meeting
- AAPL WWDC begins
Tuesday, June 3rd
- DG earnings before the open
- TSLA annual general meeting
- FCEL earnings after the close
Wednesday, June 4th
- PRU analyst day
- PVH earnings after the close
- FIVE earnings after the close
Thursday, June 5th
- JOYG earnings before the open
- CIEN earnings before the open
- NAV earnings before the open
- COO earnings after the close
- PAY earnings after the close
- JOSB earnings after the close
- ESI earnings after the close
Friday, June 6th
- No events of note