Single stock options volumes were very light on Friday, with most options volume concentrated in ETF options once again. Here are a few of the handful of stocks with options lines that had more than 10k in total volume.
1. BIDU – Stock is down 14% year-to-date after the stock nearly doubled in 2013 in a strong year for Chinese internet stocks. BIDU has struggled near $160 resistance for the past 2 months. Buyer of 13k x 26k of the July 160 / 170 1×2 call spread for around a $0.30 credit to open on Friday. That trade only loses money on July expiration if BIDU is above $180.30. High of the year in BIDU is $189.34.
2. CBS – Stock fell 2% on Friday after its earnings report, touching its lowest level of the past 6 months. Jan15 upside call volume was very active, mostly buying to open. The Jan15 70 calls traded over 26k at an average price of $1.46 throughout the day. The Jan15 62.5 / 75 call spread traded 15k times for 2.26 in the afternoon. CBS achieved an all-time high of $68.10 in March.
3. DHR – Three way trade in DHR: the Jan15 67.5 puts traded 40k at 2.53, the Jan15 75 calls traded 40k for 4.05, and the Jan15 82.5 calls traded 40k at 1.45, all to open. DHR last traded below 67.5 in October, and its all-time high of $78.80 is from January.
4. CHK – Buyer of 14,100 of the June 31 calls for 0.58 midday. CHK closed at a new 2.5 year high on Friday. The stock is up 10% so far in 2014. Call volume has been almost 4x as active as put volume over the past month.
5. CMCSA – Buyer of 10k of the Jan15 50 puts for an average price of $3.29 in the morning. CMCSA is down 2% year-to-date, but still trading above its rising 200 day moving average, which is now around $48.60. CMCSA has not traded below its 200 day ma since late 2011.