Here is a list of the some of the most interesting untied options activity from today:
1. AMAT – stock saw its biggest one day gain since September, up more than 5% and broke out to new 6 year highs on a better than expected outlook. When the stock was 18.53 before noon, a trader bought 22k Jan 22 calls, paying .64, these could have been closing as there was 22k open interest in the line. Calls outpaced puts today 122k to 9k with total volume running 6x avg daily volume.
2. MSFT – Yesterday saw some unusual options activity where it looked like a trader rolled an in the money call overwrite up and out. Today there was another big roll, likely the same trader, paying 4.80 for 61k of the April 33 calls to close and sold to open 61k May 33 calls at 4.90.
3. FB – second day straight of a huge bullish roll in the social media giant, yesterday, a trader sold 46k Feb 55 calls at 9.65 to close, and bought 46k June 65 calls for 6.30 to open. Today, a trader sold 10k June 60 calls at 9.95 to close and bought 50k March 67.5 calls for 2.52 to open.
4. EEM – the emerging market etf saw a big intra-day reversal closing more than 1.5% off of the opening low. In the afternoon a trader expressed a bullish view in the options market paying .84 for 25k April 34/38 call spreads to open. Shortly before that though, a trader sold to close 25k March 38 puts at .65, and bought 40k March 36.5 puts for .365 to open.
5. GM – it appears that a long holder remains nervous with GM sitting on key support at $35 as a roll that we have seen over the last week took place again today. Shortly before 1pm when the stock was $35.09, a trader sold 23k Feb 14th (tomorrow expiration) 34.50 puts at .06 to close and bought 18,500 Feb 22nd (next week) 34.5 puts for .34 to open.
6. SIRI – with the stock languishing slightly below the offer price for Liberty’s remaining stake, it appears that shareholders think the offer is as good as it gets and they are looking to add a little yield to the their long. When the stock was trading 3.49 in the afternoon a trader sold 55k June 3.50 calls at .25 to open. If this was in fact an overwrite, the call away level would be up 7% on June expiration.