Light option volumes once again as trading was generally earnings focused.
- GLW – More than 10x normal call volume as the stock rallied 14% on its Samsung partnership. The Jan14 17 calls were the most active line, trading over 35k at an average price of 0.98. Dan’s thoughts on GLW from last week here.
- F – 5x normal call volume ahead of this morning’s earnings report. Dec 19 calls were the most active line, trading over 30k.
- MSFT – Stock reports after the close today. Nov 36 calls traded over 25k at an average price of 0.23. Our cheat sheet for earnings.
- GILD – The Nov 67.5/60 1×2 put spread traded 8k x 16k for 1.06 early in the morning, possibly a trader rolling up long puts to the 67.5 strike. Stock reports earnings on Oct. 29th.
- VWO – The rarely traded emerging markets ETF (in comparison to EEM) had a big options trade today – the Dec 41 put traded over 100k for 0.90.