Single stock options were focused on October expiry, with macro ETFs much of the rest of the volume.
- GE – The Oct 25 calls traded over 40k at an average price of 0.10. GE reports this morning before the open. The stock rallied 1% in the last 5 minutes.
- OXY – Big call volume in OXY (more than 5x the 1 month average). Buyer of 19,500 of the Nov 100 calls for 1.27 in the morning.
- AAPL – Weekly options were active as traders positioned ahead of October options expiry. The 500 strike has more than double the open interest of any other line.
- EEM – Seller of 94k of the Nov 44 calls at 0.53 late in the day to open. EEM closed its Sept 18th gap in the final minutes of the session.
- XOP – Two large put spreads traded. The Nov 69/63 and the Dec 66/60, both around 20k, and the Dec possibly a trader rolling up protection from the 60 to the 66 strike.