Options volumes were once again dominated by macro instruments.
- EEM – The Dec 41 calls traded over 200k times at an average price of $2.53, looks like closing based on open interest over 200k on that line. Bulk of open interest initiated in July under $1.00
- SPY – Still very large put volume, almost 2.5m (vs. 1.5m 1 month average). Oct18th 165 puts, Oct 18th 175 calls, and Oct11th 169 calls all traded more than 100k.
- FB – Call to put ratio near 2.5. Most active lines were weekly 49 calls, weekly 50 calls, Oct18th 47 calls and Oct18th 50 calls, all trading more than 20k.
- CSCO – The Jan14 24 puts traded over 26k, looks like a seller to close at an average price of 1.91. Most of open interest was bought below $1.00 in August.
- EXXI – The March 28 / 22 put spread trades 20k times for 1.70. This is a $2.3 bln market cap energy name, and its low of the year is around $22.