Macro-related ETFs dominated volumes again, with 5x normal volume trading in VXX.
- VXX – The Nov 13, 14, 15, and 16 puts all traded over 150k contracts on the day, with a few large spread trades printing in the morning. VXX low of the year is 13.42.
- EEM – Looks like a massive roll in Dec/
Jan Calls – trader sells 160k Dec 38 calls to close at 4. 13 and Buys 160k Jan 41 calls for 2. 24 to open.
- SPY – Large put volumes once again. The Oct18th 165, Oct11th 165, and Nov1st 160 puts all traded over 100k.
- HPQ – The stock closed 9% higher after positive comments from CEO Meg Whitman at an analyst meeting. The Oct18th 22 calls traded over 65k at an average price of $0.57.
- T – Best performing stock in the S&P top 50. The Oct18th 34 calls traded over 20k at an average price of 0.29.