Options volumes, like stock volumes, were relatively subdued yesterday.
- EWJ – Buyer of 175k of the Nov 11 puts for about 0.14 to open. The Japanese Nikkei index hit a one month low yesterday.
- MDY – The S&P 400 Mid-Cap Index ETF options rarely trade, but a large print went up yesterday. 27,500 of the Oct 220 puts traded for 1.35.
- IP – Trader bought 15k of the Jan14 45 calls for 1.83 and sold 70k of the Jan14 50 calls for an avg price of 0.5115. Looks like a trader rolling down a long 35k Jan14 50 call position into a Jan14 45/50 1×1 call spread.
- WM – The Nov 42 calls traded 13k for 0.555. WM’s high of the year was around 43.50.
- OKE – Another name that rarely trades. 18k of the Oct 52.5 calls trade at 1.55, looks like a seller to close.