Massive XLF put volume was the stand out on Friday.
- XLF – Almost 900k XLF put options traded. Buyer of 191k of the Dec 20 / 18 put spread for 0.38. 95k of the Oct 20 / 19 put spread trade for 0.12. XLF’s low since late April is 18.89 in late June.
- INTC – Trader bought 20k of the Oct 24 calls between 0.41 and 0.46 in the afternoon. Another trader unwound 23k of the Oct 20/27 collar for even money (sold long put, bought back short call).
- XOM – Someone rolled almost 20k of the Sept 90 puts out to the Oct 90 puts, paying around $1.00 for the privilege.
- LNG – Seller of 18k of the Oct 34 calls at 0.47 to close. Those options were mostly bought on Sept 5th.
- TMUS – Three-way trade: trader bought 20,634 of the Sept 22 calls to close at 2.88, sold 20,634 of the Jan14 23 calls at 3.25 to open, and bought 20,634 of the Jan14 20 puts to open for 0.59.