Stock volumes were their highest in more than 2 months, and options volumes were similarly elevated.
- SPY – Very active day in S&P 500 index options as well as the ETF. Volumes were 2.75x normal. The Oct 165 puts were the most active line, with a large chunk of the Oct 170/165 put spread trading at 0.91 in the afternoon.
- T – The Oct 31 put traded over 100k, looks like a seller to close in the morning at 0.06.
- EWZ – Buyer of 80k of the Oct 50 calls for $0.58 in the morning. Quite a purchase considering that the option closed at 1.30 by the end of the day. EWZ had its highest close since early June.
- KO – Buyer of 20k of the Oct 40 calls in the afternoon for around $0.41. KO reports earnings on Oct 15th.
- GDX – Huge call volume in GDX, more than 3x the average. The Dec 30 calls were the most active, with a buyer of 20k for 0.76 prior to the Fed release.