Quiet volumes in stock and options after yesterday’s big down move.
- AAPL – By far the most active name. The weekly 490 and weekly 495 puts were the most active lines, as the call to put ratio was down to 1.5. The weekly 500 strike still has the most open interest.
- BBRY – Large call buying today amid continued takeover speculation. The most active line was the Sept 13 calls, which traded almost 20k on the day.
- NOK – The Jan14 4 puts traded 18k around 0.47 in the morning, and the Jan15 7 calls traded 18k around 0.21 in the afternoon.
- FCX – Seller of the Jan15 29 puts, which traded around 12k on the day at an average price of $4.39. Looks like a seller to close.
- VIX – Large call seller of the Oct 28 calls, sold almost 60k at 0.475, possibly to close.