Tech dominated option volumes today, with FB very active after its huge move.
- FB – Over 900k calls traded, and almost 550k puts. The weekly 34 calls, Sept 35 calls and Jan14 30 calls were the most active lines.
- CSCO – The August 28 calls traded more than 68k on the day, with the majority on the bid side at 0.15 in the afternoon. Earnings report is Aug 14th after the close.
- LNG – Looks like a seller, possibly to close, of 28k of the Sept 25 calls at 4.30. This line traded almost 50k to open over the last week (mostly around 5.30-5.50).
- NRG – Buyer of 17k of the Dec 29 calls for 1.30 to open. Stock hasn’t traded above $30 since 2008. Next earnings before the open on August 9th.
- PHM – Stock was down 10% after poor earnings. The Jan14 19/22 Call Spread traded 20k times at 0.61, possibly a roll down.