Put/call ratio fell dramatically today, to near one month lows, as bullish bets multiplied.
- GLW – Largest print of the day was a morning seller of 62k of the August 14 calls at 0.62 to open, likely against a long stock position, looking to take advantage of today’s earnings moves.
- AAPL – Call to put ratio was around average, at 1.5 today. The weekly 410 calls and the weekly 400 puts were most active, with implied volatility down across the curve.
- GM – Stock made a new 18 month high today, and weekly call sellers got excited as a result. The weekly 31 calls traded almost 30k, and the weekly 30 calls traded around 15k, mostly buyers initiating.
- MSFT – Call to put ratio over 2 today, approaching extended levels for the name. The May 33 calls traded almost 30k, and the Jul 33 calls traded around 24k, mostly buyers initiating.
- AIG – Seller of around 15k of the August 45 calls around 1.165. Stock made a new 2 year high today, cleanly breaking above the 40 level.