On a big day in the broader market, the single stock options market was relatively quiet. Only a few tickers dominated the volume.
- BAC – Continues to be the most active options name. The Jan13 12.5 calls traded over 100k over the course of the day, averaging around 0.185.
- F – Stock continues to make new highs. Interestingly, the most active option lines were all puts. The Jan 12.5 put traded more than 50k, and the weekly 13 put traded more than 35k.
- VXX – This VIX-related ETF is down more than 20% this week, as the VIX has moved from near 23 down to below 15 in 2 trading days. Heavy put buying dominated, mostly in Jan13 expiry. 9 of the top 10 most traded lines were puts.
- GE – Big buyer of Jan13 22.5 calls this morning around 0.08 and 0.09, with more than 35k trading on the day.
- AAPL – Weekly calls the most active, with the weekly 550 and 555 calls trading around 30k times. The call to put ratio was relatively high, near 1.60.